Westwood Hills Community Organizations including Historic Foundation and Homes and Community Association. If you would like to learn more about the Foundation or serve on the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Founded in 2004, the Westwood Hills Historic Foundation (originally known as The Westwood Hills Foundation) is a Kansas non—proﬁt 501(c)(3) corporation. The Foundation is funded solely by private donations, primarily of our residents, known as “Friends of the Foundation.” The Foundation’s purpose is to support historic recognition and preservation projects which enhance our City for all of our residents.
Specifically, among its projects, the Foundation led the petition drive to have Westwood Hills declared a National Historic District; installed improved lighting and irrigation systems on the islands and entrances; and restored and relit the historic cast-iron lamppost and installed a Historic District sign at 50th and State Line. The Foundation also works in partnership with the City maintaining the landscaping on the entranceways and islands.
Homes and Community Association
Established in 1923, the Westwood Hills Homes Association is an incorporated body composed of every homeowner in the City of Westwood Hills. A volunteer Board of Directors directs and administers the affairs of the Homes Association. Recently, the Westwood Hills Community Association was formed to assist with the work of the Homes Association. The primary objectives of the Homes Association and Community Association are:
- Responsible for collecting Homes Owners Association dues
- To organize social activities through which residents may become better acquainted and enjoy the fellowship of neighbors.
- To provide for trash disposal through Association dues payable each year.
- To publish a Westwood Hills telephone directory every two years.
- To encourage all members to do their part to keep Westwood Hills a beautiful little city of which all residents can be proud.