Westwood Hills Kansas trash information. Trash service is provided by your Homes Association as part of the dues you pay to your association. Ordinances concerning placement of trash receptacles 10-201, 10-203.
Trash service is provided by your Homes Association as part of the dues you pay to your association. The HOA contracts with GFL for refuse, recycling, and yard waste.
- Each Monday, GFL will collect residential refuse located curbside in GFL roll-out carts (contents only).
- Each Monday, GFL will collect curbside recycling in recycling carts. Excess recyclable material must be placed adjacent to the cart in boxes or rigid containers. Bagged recyclables will not be collected. Glass, plastic bags, and Styrofoam will not be collected.
- Each Monday March through and including November, GFL will collect up to ten (10) properly prepared bags and/or bundles of residentially generated yard waste. No cans or other rigid containers may be used for yard waste. Limbs and branches cannot exceed 4 feet in length or 18 inches in diameter and must be tied in a bundle with twine. All items must be 40 pounds or less. GFL will accept Christmas trees cut into sections no more than four feet in length.
- GFL will collect bulk items at $50 per item (this is new for 2023). Residents must call 816-380-5595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the GFL pickup schedule. Bulk items do not include appliances, computers, monitors, other electronic and hazardous waste, tires, automotive parts, and/or construction materials.
- Holidays – No collection will occur on New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day. Services will be delayed one day for the week. If these holidays fall on a Saturday or Sunday, then the collection will occur as scheduled on Monday.
- If residential service is missed due to a GFL error, the resident must contact GFL, and GFL will collect within 48 hours of notice. GFL can be reached at 816-380-5595 or via email at email@example.com, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Ordinances concerning placement of trash receptacles:
10-201. TRASH. Each and every owner, tenant, or other person acting on behalf of an owner or tenant of any dwelling or other building in the City of Westwood Hills shall provide, and replace when necessary, a sufficient number of trash cans to hold the trash accumulated thereat. All such trash cans shall be of rigid construction with tight-fitting covers and shall be watertight. Such trash cans and any recycling containers may be placed at the curb for collection no earlier than 5:00 o'clock p.m. of the day preceding the day upon which the trash is anticipated to be collected by the regular trash collection service subscribed to by the occupant or provided by the City or any homes association. Such trash cans and recycling containers shall be removed from the curb no later than the evening of the day after the day on which regular trash collection has occurred. At all other times, trash cans and recycling containers shall be stored inside a building or structure located on the property or shall be stored behind the front building line of the house located on the property or otherwise screened from view.
10-203. PENALTY FOR VIOLATION OF ARTICLE 2. Any person violating any of the provisions of Article 2 shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or confinement for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days or both.